Had all paperwork back from the VOSA, just waiting for a date for the test from Bristol.
I thought that I would get the some bits checked like brake balance and headlight adjustment by my local garage this morning.
1) Rear brakes hardly working even when balance was put full to rear.
2) Headlights supplied with the kit need modification to align them correctly.
3) Whilst the car was running at the garage a fuel filter decided that it was going to split so fuel everywhere.
So have had to do some work this morning to get it sorted as IVA could be at anytime and I don't want to leave anything to chance.
1) I sorted the brakes by once again removing them from the car to bleed them for the 100th time, when the caliper was of I gave them a good shake and then bled them again, air came out that must have been trapped. Done this about 5 times until all I got was fluid. On the brake testing equipment at the garage the brakes are now more than 100% for the weight of the car. ;D
2) The headlights need to have the lenses rotated to get the correct pattern, I did read this on the forum that someone else had this problem. This mod takes a little time and patience as the springs that hold the lense in place are pain to say the least.
3) I replaced the filter with a new alloy one so that it will not crack like the plastic one.
Apart from those problems all else has checked out all ok
Sonic all loaded up on trailer ready for early start in the morning, had a little problem to sort out before though, mad rush to get a new battery at 4:00pm today running around like a headless chicken making up new battery hold down bars and brackets.
kiwicanfly: just seen the Participated button - that's nice
May 5, 2013 8:52:47 GMT
Venom 3 Wheels: Why does it always refresh, I'm looking at something, and its constantly refreshing. How annoying, also, when I reply to a message, why does it then want to Create a message?
May 5, 2013 17:17:39 GMT
Venom 3 Wheels: this forum update is dreadful
May 5, 2013 17:17:56 GMT
Andy Patey: Hi mate I can make it to the show.my brother sadly passed away Saturday
May 6, 2013 13:52:56 GMT
tlight: Just so everyone is aware, Nigel maintains this page on behalf of the MEV OWNERS, not on behalf of the company. He does it in his own, precious time. He could take offence..... (Just sayin')
May 6, 2013 16:54:19 GMT
Steve: New sites always have a learning curve... and messing with SQL stuff is a headache lol.. Ive setup and run forums in the past, PITA The mobile version is somewhat shocking, and always asking for me to buy proboards for the iphone:(
May 6, 2013 18:56:41 GMT
kiwicanfly: I reckon we should therefore get Nigel a Bear Rifle to shoot the one that ate my last post
May 7, 2013 2:55:48 GMT
Kevin (Oz): If you have trouble with the forum try using Firefox, I had to switch from Internet explorer to get it to work for me. Much better now I can use it again..
May 9, 2013 0:16:32 GMT
froggy999: Think the forum is bang on really, im just grateful that someones taken the time to create this so we can chat and get help etc etc. so thanks! once everyone gets used to it, which isnt hard as its not that different, they'll not notice any difference.
May 9, 2013 7:46:16 GMT
airforceone: I've been using Firefox and still having issues with the pages locking up. Not as bad now as it was when the new site went live so hopefully it will improve the longer it's running.
May 9, 2013 17:46:14 GMT
The Management: Following the Stoneleigh Show and various Owners requesting a 4th Annual Mog'ers Meet, a date has been booked at Curborough of the 13th July 2013, all those wishing to attend should book ASAP to avoid disappointment.
May 11, 2013 12:37:14 GMT
stevieboy: i dont believe it, missed it again, dont fly back from greece till day after, last time flew out day before......grrrrrrrr
May 11, 2013 17:04:15 GMT
tomaff: I am in Barcelona those dates. Shame.
May 12, 2013 20:36:57 GMT
nigel: Come on Mog'ers the Annual Mog'ers Meet is the best event of the year without question yet only seven people have booked so far If there is only one event you take your car to this year then believe me this is the one to go to.
May 19, 2013 7:44:34 GMT